Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Finally Some Good News!


As you all know I have been having the hardest time adjusting to my new role at school as playground monitor and it has been wearing on me mostly physically (I mean when your in the mental shape I'm in, why bother?)And as you know I have been whining pretty good about it - so here is some good news, actually some great news...several years ago we had a lovely Spanish teacher who hailed from Spain. Our county was participating in some sort of cultural exchange. So when Ms. Benito arrived she was naive and need help to acquire an apartment and transportation. These duties fell to our Assistant Principal Mr. Davidson. He had a tiger by the tail. Ms. Benito was young and wished to absorb American culture and was very vocal about it,not very patience and extremely stubborn(the qualities of successful people?) Ms. Benito went roaring around Nashville in her car(did she really have a license?)She constantly complained about her apartment and the students, and her schedule,etc....but we tried to make her welcomed and feel a part of HMS. She moved on after a year but those of us who knew her will never forget her! I got a letter yesterday all the way from Madrid, Spain from my old friend. She wrote to tell me that she has joined the LDS Church and wanted me to know that she was now SISTER Benito! The Lord works in strange ways!

1 comment:

aurora said...

Wow! That is great.♥
I was thinking that you were going to say that you weren't playground monitor anymore... but this is much, MUCH better! ☺