Sunday, August 3, 2008

Do You Have a Sister Stidsen?



For those of you who have never met "Sister Stidsen" - let me try to describe my observations of her!
Sister Stidsen was a fiery Brazilian women of authority and bearing. She had a lovely accent and a quick mind. I believe she had an opinion on most ever issue and was generous in sharing that opinion with you in a very direct and logical way. I was never offend by anything she did or said quite the opposite, but I was influenced by her devotion to truth and righteousness. Her devotion to God, her devotion to Family, and her devotion to those around her. She was a religious scholar. She was faithful in her reading of The Book of Mormon, The Bible and any other book of scripture that she felt was pertained to her salvation and knowledge of God. She was willing to take it upon herself to tell you if you were messing up, and what you needed to do to fix the problem. She could be your biggest fan and confident. She was magnificent. She was funny. She was so special and she was infinitely cool! I hope to goodness if you don't know someone who can be honest and kind to you, that you will seek them out, or discover them swiftly, in those little corners where we hid those gifts that are good for us. I am going to miss Sister Stidsen-even though she hasn't been in our ward for quite a while-but you better believe that there will be a roar and a shout in Heaven tonight! The Saints have been waiting along time to see her again!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a sweet tribute. I was privileged to know Sister Stidsen for almost 30 years. I loved everything about her: her accent, her wonderful smile, her stories, her laugh. She was one in a million.

The Borders said...

I also loved Sister Stidsen. She was my Laurel teacher and I absolutely enjoyed her to pieces. She was such a jolly woman who sincerely cared about people. Her accent and smile won't ever fade from my memories.

liz said...

You know I don't know where I would be with out her influence...what a twinkle...