Thursday, November 27, 2008

It's Thanksgiving Time in Tennessee



Oh Brother! You know it can be so easy to get drawn into the hub bub of the holiday season. the competition is outrageous...at the grocery store ...at the mall...just driving around. So it was with some trepidation that I got up this morning. We made the plans last night. Connell and Darrell were going to walk @ 8:00. I was headed out to Walmarts to get the last minute items for our part in the Thanksgiving dinner. As I was getting dressed and clean I had the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade and i got to see many floats , balloons,and bands. They also had the cast from the Broadway musical "Mary Poppins". This was so pleasant and nostalgic that I was beginning to worry about when the stress would start. I started to dread going to Walmarts' because I thought it was going to be crowded and crazy. Welllllll....I pulled into the parking lot with ease and found a parking spot right next to the door.No Crowds! I thought that maybe I just missed the swarm well to make a long story short- I had a marvelous morning a great afternoon and then dinner at Candy's and Ronnie's where no stress showed up... but Carrie, Michael and those beautiful grandchildren did. So shame on me for expecting less and thinking I would have to settle when what I got was a day of beauty. I am thankful for the attitude adjustment, I am thankful there are still reasonable people out there and I am ever so thankful that I have the family that I do. Here are pictures of Connell and me with Carrie, Maddie, Michael David and Michael. No stress there!

2 comments:

aurora said...

Looks like the perfect Thanksgiving day! Gorgeous family.

Tamara said...

what a cute family picture...Connell looks like he's dropped a few these days...he must have stopped making so many sweets....but they are SO GOOD...tell me he still makes my favorite (the one w/ the oreos inside).