Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I Live by the Scale...

Ok so yesterday I got a bit flustered. We were rushing around and I hadn't eaten yet. dum dum dum... Well surely I could come up with a reasonably fast lunch...possibly portable. I got my little book out and started to plan -cross-eyed. I realize that I couldn't do a total lunch all that portable, but my snack (apple and low fat cheese) and a lunch replacement bar I could manage. Off we flew with fruit and dairy all the way...snacking snacking snacking. When we got home it was too late to eat lunch (I didn't get to that lunch bar) so I ate dinner (Cheese ravioli in sauce, snap peas, and just a bit of Parmesan cheese) yummy! I was now missing lunch and I was to have some dessert before bed. I chose that lunch bar instead of dessert (I guess I could have had two?) and went to bed nervous because I had gotten off schedule. Totally expecting that I not be happy on the scales this morning (I mean seriously just HOW long has it been since I got happy stepping on a set of scales?) I stepped on -wait a minute I hadn't had my morning constitutional-that could mean extra weight! No, be brave, I told myself, and stepped on....WOW I lost 4 pounds!

5 comments:

Lauren said...

Alright! That's great!

The Borders said...

Awesome! Way to go. I weigh in tonight for my Biggest Loser challenge. It has been taking everything "I've got" to keep myself from snacking all day like I use to. You are doing great.

liz said...

i know what you mean Nicole it is just so natural to cruise into the kitchen and pick up a little of this and a little of that-MAN All I want to do right now is to go eat some Mexican food!Maybe I've got chili in there somewhere....

6L's said...

wonderful! keep up the good work...i think i need to jump aboard that train, lol! good seeing you yesterday and thanks for your help!

Unknown said...

Congrats! That's a great motivator!