Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Oh The Games We Play!

I've been thinking lately (got to stop that!) about all the hoops we so willingly jump through. We as a middle school , had gotten the word that we were to have a visit from the grand pooh-pas...the SAC Committee! DUM DUM DUM.....So we dug up our offending totally ugly bushes in the front and laid fresh sod. Our wall space was filled to capacity with art and time-lines and special projects. Teachers were gussied up with hose, heels and for myself I came doning long pants, real shoes and a light weight jacket- didn't want to make my principal look bad! As a school at the last faculty meeting we decided that our code would be "Mrs. Anna would you please come to the office?" announced boldly over the intercom so all of the teachers and staff would be alerted to the arrival of THE COMMITTEE...! We were given cheat sheets(4-5 pages) to study so if we were caught out in the hall and asked about the county's new School Improvement Plan we would feel comfortable in our answers. In short we were ready! So shortly after 12:00 noon...the alarm when out....Mrs Anna came to my room to make sure I heard it (didn't want to get caught in the hall). My Vice- Principal even left me a voice mail that I had packages in the front office ( that minx -like I was actually going to the front office-I didn"t care what was in the front office I wasn't going to get caught out in the hall!) Well.... I found out today we had no SAC Committee Members cross our threshold! Not even the idea of a breath of a mirror image of a committee member!!!! All those HOOPS! All that frantic who-who ....Why .... why do we do this!? Can't we just be GREAT as we are???? Well I suppose we did get rid of those nasty bushes....

4 comments:

The Borders said...

This sounds all too familiar and quite hilarious! But I don't understand why they lied to you all about the arrival!

liz said...

You mean you don't believe they didn't know that there would be no arrival?!

The Borders said...

Oh...now I guess I never considered that. My goodness! CRAZY!!!

liz said...

It's not that I don't believe that they were totally clueless but - but we are talking about "educators"!